Micronation.org costs £160 per year to keep online. Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able and willing to do so make a contribution towards the site's costs so that we may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Due to the failure of the CAPTCHA system and the termination of Asirra, new users will need to request account creation on the Micronation.org Forum, in the Helpdesk. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Commonwealth of Fundy
|Commonwealthy of Fundy|
|Official language||English, French|
|Monarch||HM Cody Joshua|
|Prime Minister||Sir Damian McHappytown|
|- December 4, 2009|
|National Winter Sport||Hockey|
The Commonwealth of Fundy is a Libertarian project country in Southern New Brunswick, Canada. It claims an area is just over 8368.19 Km². Its capital is Saint Andrews.
The Commonwealth was founded on December 4th,2009 originally named Kingdom of Mulberry by Cody Joshua Blizzard.The Right Honourable Andrew Mears became the first Prime Minister of Mulberry, appointed by His Majesty but was impeached out of office for corruption . On October 29, 2009, the premiers of New Brunswick and Quebec signed a memorandum of understanding to sell most assets of NB Power to Hydro-Québec. This agreement reached after a 9-month negotiation process undertaken at the request of New Brunswick, would transfer most generation, transmission and distribution assets of the New Brunswick utility to a subsidiary of the Quebec-based Crown corporation, including the Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station and 7 hydroelectric plants, but would exclude fossil-fuel fired plants in Dalhousie, Belledune and Coleson Cove On March 24, 2010, the NB Power deal fell through.
Saint John is the industrial powerhouse of the Fundyy. Wealthy industrialist K.C. Irving and his family built an industrial conglomerate in the city during the 20th century with interests in oil, forestry, shipbuilding, media and transportation. Irving companies remain dominant employers in the region with the most important businesses being eastern North America's first deepwater oil terminal,a pulp mill, a newsprint mill and a tissue paper plant.
Other important economic activity in the city is generated by the Port of Saint John, the Moosehead Brewery (established in 1867, is Canada's only nationally distributed independent brewery in Canada [M. Nicholson]), the New Brunswick Power Corporation which operates three electrical generating stations in the region including the Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station, Aliant Telecom which operates out of the former New Brunswick Telephone headquarters, numerous information technology companies and the Atlantic Health Sciences Corporation - operator of New Brunswick's largest health care facility,Saint John Regional Hospital. There are also a number of call centres which were established in the 1990s under provincial government incentives.
Charlotte County's economy is diverse, with tourism being the main economy in St. Andrews, fishing in St. George and the Ganong chocolate factory in St. Stephen. King's County is known for the rich upper-class residential areas in Rothesay and the Kennebecasis Valley. It is home to many lawyers, politicians, doctors and wealthy business people.
The Commonwealth of Fundy is a popular tourist destination with many travelers each year that visit St.Andrews and Saint John. Saint John is a city steeped in history. Also referred to as ‘the Loyalist City’ as well as ‘Canada’s Most Irish City,’ Saint John is Canada's oldest incorporated city (1785). Saint John is home to this country's oldest museum and farmers market. This city has been welcoming people from Eastern Europe, England and Ireland for centuries, with each group of immigrants leaving their unique imprint on Saint John culture, architecture and language.
- Fort Howe - Located in the city's North End, Fort Howe offers a panoramic view of the city and harbour as well as being a historic attraction.
- City Market - The city market is located in the Uptown, with entrances on Charlotte and Germain Street. Local businesses, craft workers, artists, farmers, bakers and grocers sell a wide array of unique foods and crafts, native both to New Brunswick and around the world. The building is a historic site with amazing period architecture.
- New Brunswick Museum - Located in Market Square in the city's Uptown. The museum boasts a wide array of local historic information and artifacts, artwork, scientific exhibits and displays, and a Discovery Centre with many interactive and educational activities. Museum has a to scale plaster of a mastadon skeleton and skeletons of whales.
- Rockwood Park - Located in the North End, admission is free and the park offers a wide variety of walking, biking and horseback riding trails. Rockwood Park is landlocked but its paths weave around both natural and man-made lakes (public swimming is free, but no Lifeguard service is available.)
- Irving Nature Park - Located on the West Side, admission is also free. A variety of walking trails lead travellers through woods, guide them into marshes, and bring them to beaches and lookout points on the sea.
- King Square - In the heart of the Uptown, King Square is home to gardens, monuments, and the trademark Bandstand / Fountain at its center. Adjacent to King Square is the Loyalist City Burial Ground, whose cobblestone paths lead past graves over two centuries old.
- Reversing Falls - As the Saint John River flows into the Bay of Fundy, whose tides are the highest in the world, strong rapids form as the tide rises and clashes with the flow of the river below the Reversing Falls bridge. During the summer months a Jet Boat offers tourists the thrill of tackling the rapids up close.
- Carleton Martello Tower - The Carleton Martello Tower was originally built for the War of 1812. However by the time of its completion in 1815, the war was completed. It became used for military in 1866 and was used on and off by Canadian troops for nearly eighty years. It is now a Canadian National Historic Site.
- Cherry Brook Zoo - Located in a northern section of Rockwood Park. Home to numerous endangered species as well as other exotic animals. Lovely natural setting. Great area for intersting walking. Open 364 days per year until dusk. Alse included is Vanished Kingdom Park featuring life-sized statues of extinct species. Tiger Claws miniature Gold also located on site along with gift shop and canteen.
- The Imperial Theatre - Located Downtown near the Market Square Mall, this historic theater features everything from plays to rock concerts.
The Kingdom is divided into three regions: Charlotte County, Saint John County and Kings County. It is part of of southern New Brunswick, Canada. Fundy borders the United States to the west in Charlotte county and the Bay of Fundy in the south. The total area is 8368.19 Km². The Fundy Isles are located at the entrance to the Bay of Fundy. The three main Fundy Isles are Campobello, Deer, and Grand Manan. White Head, off the southeast coast of Grand Manan, is the only other inhabited island in the Bay of Fundy. Machias Seal Island, to the west, is claimed by both Canada and the United States. Partridge Island, at the entrance to Saint John Harbour, is of historical importance as the site of a quarantine station for new immigrants in the 19th and early 20th centurie
Charlotte CountyCharlotte New Brunswick, Canada.
|Official Name||Status||Area km||Population|
Saint John County
St. John County (2006 population 68,045) is located in southern New Brunswick, Canada. The city of Saint John dominates the county. In the rest of the county, tourists flock to see the many scenic views on the Bay of Fundy.
|Official Name||Status||Area km||Population|
Dairy farming is an important industry in the area. On March 18, 2004, at the 48th annual World Cheese and Butter Championships in Madison, Wisconsin, Dairytown Products, a company from Sussex, won first prize for butter, besting 37 entries from the USA, France, Switzerland, Ireland, Denmark and other countries from around the world.
Tourists come to see the many covered bridges in the county. Approximately half of the Kings County population lives in suburbs of the nearby city of Saint John.
There are seven incorporated municipalities within Kings County
|Official Name||Status||Area km||Population|
The Commander-in-chief and Chief of staff is King Cody Joshua of the Royal Fundy Militia.
Current military strength
- 1 Signal Platoon
- 1 Artillery Company
- 2 Infantry Companies
- 1 Boat troop
The prime mission of the Royal Militia is to protect Canadian sovereignty.
|Government Of Fundy|
People and organizations
Name Commonwealth of Fundy (For officiall use; "Fundy" remains legal for conventional use.)
Type of Government
Monarchy & aristocracy with a Parliament
|King||Cody Joshua I||4 December 2009|
|Prime Minister||Sir Damian McHappytown||7 December 2009|
- Note: Charlotte County is a duchy.
|Saint John County||Saint John||Caleb Martin|
|Kings County||Rothesay||Cassie McLaughlin|
|Charlotte County*||St. Andrews||Lady Cathleen McKay|
House of Commons
The Commons is a democratically elected body, currently consisting 15members, who are known as "Members of Parliament" (MPs). Members are elected through the first-past-the-post system by electoral districts known as constituencies. They hold their seats until Parliament is dissolved (a maximum of five years after the preceding election).
House of Lords
House of Lords was abolished May 20, 2010 by Parliament Act of 2010.