Democratic Republic of Austenersey
| Democratic Republic of Austenersey |
Seize all that life brings
|Melbourne, Australia |
|Official language(s)||Austenersian English (Dialect of English)|
|Government||Government of Austenersey|
|His Presidency The Strikester|
|Area claimed||approx. 5km²|
|Currency||Austenersey Zing (Z)|
|Time zone||UTC + 10(Austenersian Standard Time) |
UTC + 11(Austenersian Daylight Time)
|National animal||Austenersian Kelpie|
The Democratic Republic of Austenersey is a micronation founded on July 1, 2011 and is located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
The name Austenersey comes from the countries and regions Australia, English and Jersey.
- July 1, 2011: Declared independence from Australia
- July 1, 2011: Voting commenced for First Austenersian Election
- July 7, 2011: The Gamers Party of Austenersey is sworn in, lead by His Presidency The Strikester
- July 7, 2011: The first official day of Austenersey is held
- July 7, 2011: July 7, 2011 is declared Austenersey Day
Government and politics
The three parties in the Austenersian Parliament are the The Gamers Party of Austenersey, The Animal Welfare Party and the Working Class Rights Party. Out of the four seats in the senate, the GPA hold 2 seats, while the AWP and WCRP hold one seat each.
Law and order
Austenersey was designed to be a place of freedom, but has three major rules
- Damage to property will result in 3 days imprisonment. This is doubled for repeat offenders are doubled ( 6 days, 12 days, 24 days, 48 days)
- Harming of any animal will result in 5 years imprisonment. Again, this is doubled for repeat offenders (10 years, 20 years, 40 years)
- Failure to co-operate with government or military may result in de-citizenship.
If any of the three rules are broken time and time again, offenders may be de-citizenised.
The Austenersey Broadcasting Service provides 1 internet radio station, while The Austenersian Herald is printed fortnightly, and costs Z5.