European Community of Micronations
The EuroCharter is the formation document of the European Community of Micronations.
|“|| We the Micronations of Europe hereby create the European Community of Micronations.
The ECM has several distinct aims;
—The EuroCharter, 2010
Declaration of April 5th
On April 5th 2010, the ECM released a declaration stating several aims to be achieved by the union and measures to be taken as a response to economic recession.
All nationals of Member States are Citizens of the ECM. Citizenship of the ECM shall be additional to and not replace national citizenship. Every citizen of the ECM shall have the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States, subject to the limitations and conditions laid down by the Grand Assembly of the ECM.
- a right of access to ECM documents.
- a right not to be discriminated against on grounds of nationality;
- a right to vote and run for office at the Microeuropean Parliament
- the right to protection by the diplomatic or consular authorities of other Member States when in a non-ECM Member State, if there are no diplomatic or consular authorities from the citizen's own state.
- the right to apply to the ECM institutions in one of the official languages and to receive a reply in that same language.
After the Declaration of April 5th the initial drafts for the creation of European Micronational Bank were set, this includes the establishment of the Microeuro as the official currency of the ECM. The proposals are being discussed. The European Micronational Bank will be tasked with administrating the monetary policy of the ECM member states taking part in the Microeurozone. It will thus become one of the most important banks in the micronational world.
Any micronation can join just add yourself to the members list.