Micronation.org costs £160 per year to keep online. Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able and willing to do so make a contribution towards the site's costs so that we may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Remember how to write dates in articles! 31 February 2014, NOT February 31, 2014 or 31st February 2014. Day, month, year.
|HRÜ Jeremy Oakes, Prince of Optima, etc.|
October 20 2008
|Prime Minister|| Vacant (October 20, 2008)|
Michael Sander (October 21, 2008 - February 5, 2011)
|Chancellor|| Vacant (October 20, 2008)|
Reuben Howe (October 21, 2008 - July 20, 2010)
Joshua Earle (July 20, 2010 - present)
April 10 2011
May 26, 2011
|Born|| April 5 1996|
Adelaide, South Australia
|Citizenship||Australia, Aerican Empire, Lovely, Dranoria, Sirocco, Yabloko|
|Political party||Socialist Isocratic Party|
|Religion||Hyper-Neo-Pagan, Universal Life Church|
|Allegiance||Royal Dranorian Military Corps|
|Battles/wars||First Battle of Kavanagh, Battle of Parklife, Battle of Graceland|
Early life and education
Oakes was born in Adelaide in 1996 and attended Catholic private schools until Year 9, but has himself not believed in any gods since Year 4. He will complete secondary education in a public specialist science and mathematics school.
Oakes founded Optima one Monday night in his room after being inspired by the Aerican Empire and Lovely—he retains citizenship of both nations. He was first part of his own Democratic Green Socialist Labour Party, which merged with Michael Sander's Liberal Socialist Party in 2009. During the party's first official caucus in July 2010, he was elected to the first position on the party list. He was the main organiser of the Citizens' Congress, held on the 14th of November 2010, that ended the very provisional government structure and resulted in many reforms.
He was the main figure in uniting Optima with Dranoria and has contributed to Dranorian government somewhat. He launched the Dranorian census and was appointed Chancellor on April 10 2011. He was elected a Member Parliament in the first Dranorian elections on May 29, 2011.
Personal life, interests, and other hobbies
Jeremy is a reasonably competent pianist and has some experience with other instruments and music editing. He studies Japanese, aiming to become at least semi-fluent in the language.
His Royal Überness
Commander (Hon) Reverend Jeremy Oakes of Dranoria GSc MOF OTR OKOZ KOC DMP OSM
Chancellor of Dranoria
Prince of Optima
Marquess of Welton
Kount of Kavanagh
Bailiff of Shark
Protector of the Upper Clovelly, etc.
Foreign Minister and Principal Ambassador of Dranoria
Minister for the Interior, Minister for Culture and Recreation, and Minister for Silly Walks of Optima
President of the Dranorian Broadcasters' Guild
Chief Civil Guardian of Optima
Chancellor of the University of Optima
Webmaster-General, Postmaster-General, Oopsy-Sparkler-General, Vexillologist-General, Senior Clerk of Vitamins
Oakes' coat of arms is described as Party per chevron, Or and sable, a cross fleury purpure.
Awards and decorations
- Member of the Order of the Falcon (MOF), awarded by Sovereign of the Order Aldrich Lucas for "exceptional contributions to the micronational community" on January 3, 2011
- Order of the Tram (OTR), awarded by Daniel Anderson for "work towards the advancement of Sirocco and for exceptional work for the Federal Commonwealth and also for the community" on January 11, 2011
- Companion of the Order of Zealandia (OKOZ), awarded by King Anthony for "outstanding contributions in the interests of Zealandia and/or the Intermicronational Community" on January 11, 2011
- Knight of the Order of the Chevron (KOC), awarded by Sebastian Linden on July 15, 2011
- Dranorian election results, May 2011
- Comment, On The Throne: King Anthony leaves Narnia, The Zealandian Times, November 4, 2010