Kingdom of Copan
|This article contains out-of-date information or information about an entity that is currently undergoing major changes.|
|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this articlehas not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
| Kingdom of Copan |
Copan in red, the rest of Orly in blue, UK not highlighted
|Official religion(s)||None official|
|- Monarch||HM Queen Emma I|
|Established||19 July 2010|
|This article contains information which is outdated. You can help MicroWiki by updating it.|
The Kingdom of Copan was a successor state of the Caesarship of Orly and a predeccessor state of the Tsardom of Orly, created when Caesar Calum of Orly divided the original Caesarship into two - the Kingdom of the Grove and the Kingdom of Copan. Copan was an absolute monarchy, ruled by a King. This was King Declan I of Moylurg, given the throne of Copan by Caesar Calum. However, most decisions of government were taken by a Viceroy, the then Crown Prince Jonathan of Austenasia, who ruled Copan on behalf of the King. Copan was allied with the neighbouring Kingdom of the Grove, and with the Midget Nation-in-Exile.
On 8 December 2010, the Lord Regent of the Grove abdicated. King Declan I assumed the throne as Regent under the terms of the edict Caesar Calum had decreed when he divided Orly in two. The King then re-unified the two Kingdoms on that same day, founding the Tsardom of Orly and becoming Tsar.
Subdivision of Orly
On 8 March 2011, with the approval of the Tsar, the Viceroy declared Prince Miles to be Prince of Copan, ruling over the Kingdom of Copan as a subdivision of Orly, under the authority of the Viceroy and as a vassal to the Tsar. Prince Miles was replaced as Copan's local ruler on 24 April 2011 by Prince Joseph, a former Austenasian knight, who was in turn replaced on 2 August 2011 by Emperor Esmond III, who at the time was still titular joint Monarch of Austenasia.
On 14 January 2012, Orly became a constituent country of the United Kingdom of New Wessex. The vassal monarchies of Orly were abolished, and Copan's princedom became a ceremonial title, to be held by the heir to the Wessaxon throne.
Copan comprises just over half of Orly. It is mainly comprised of open areas of grass, such as the Plain of Copan and the Football Pitch. Major geographical features include:
- East Bank is the name given to an area to the extreme east of Copan (and Orly). It was formerly the site of an artificial tributary of the River Wandle constructed in the 1700s which would have started at the Grotto in Carshalton Park before joining the Wandle just to the north of Orly, but due to a falling of the water table the tributary has been completely dry for some years now (despite pipes under Carshalton High Street and Ruskin Road keeping its course intact) and only a dry river bed remains, although puddles do form during wet winters. It was made a Barony by the Viceroy on 21 August 2011, the title of which was awarded to the then Prince Companion Shane.
- The Secluded Place is the capital of Copan. Situated directly to the west of the northern-most area of East Bank, it comprises of a large deep dip in the ground surrounded by trees, almost completely secluding it from the rest of the park (hence its name). Stone steps lead down from East Bank to the Secluded Place, the bottom of which is littered with large pieces of broken masonry, the origins of which are unknown. A large pipe covered by grating to the north of the Secluded Place, as well as its proximity to East Bank, strongly suggest that its origins lie with those of the former artificial tributary of the Wandle, meaning that at some point it may have been submerged in water. Due to its extremely secluded nature, it is allegedly sometimes used by users of cannabis, earning it the pejorative nickname of Stoner's/Smoker's Wall. One tree has the Latin ciphers of Copanese monarchs from Caesar Calum to Prince Miles carved into it, and is known as the Copanese Regnal List.
- The Midgets' Base (not to be confused with the Midget Base, capital of the Midget Empire) is the site of a former military base built by the Midget Army and Word Life Gang in March 2004 during the First Battle of the Grove. It is located at the fenced border between the Plain of Copan and the Football Pitch, and due to a slight retreat of the bushes and shrubs which comprised the main fortifications of the base there are few physical remains - the last major remnant, a large wooden board, remained on the ground in the area for some time but disappeared at some point between October 2011 and July 2012.
- The Plain of Copan is the large field in the centre of Copan which makes up roughly half of the Kingdom.
- The Football Pitch is an enclosed area to the north of Copan, used as a football pitch due to the goalposts and markings on the grass.