Micronation.org costs £160 per year to keep online. Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able and willing to do so make a contribution towards the site's costs so that we may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Remember how to write dates in articles! 31 February 2014, NOT February 31, 2014 or 31st February 2014. Day, month, year.
Micronational Football Association
|Micronational Football Association|
|Formation||13 January 2009|
The Micronational Football Association, commonly known by the acronym MFA, is an international football body of association football for micronations with futsal and beach soccer having never been discussed as the responsibility of the MFA or not. Its headquarters are located in Barnabaristius, Dian, and its current president is Barnaby Hands, who took the presidency on September 8, 2011, after founder Joe Foxon stood down from the position. The MFA is responsible for the organisation and governance of football's major micronational tournaments, most notably the MFA World Cup, the first edition of which was scheduled to be held in 2013 in Rukora. This later moved to Senya before it was cancelled, the MFA World Cup will now be held in 2015 in London, United Kingdom.
HistoryMicras sector founded the FMF in 2006, but this organisation only governs virtual fixtures between Micrasian nations. In 2009, the MFA was founded by Joe Foxon.
The organisation grew on the Wikia, especially in 2009, when the host nation was announced for the 2013 World Cup. In 2010, the organisation expelled several nations, notably Tiana and Libertaria for inactivity, and in 2011 after the dissolution of Prometheus, membership fell to 8. However, Fiharaya and Pambia joined in the spring of 2011, and in the summer the Dale Empire (now Dale Republic) joined, meaning membership rose to 11.
On September 10, 2011, Joe Foxon was officially replaced as President of the MFA by Barnaby Hands, with Foxon siting personal reason for his unexpected departure. Hands quickly rolled out his first six-point annual plan, which would see the introduction of the VMFA and it's various competitions.
The MFA is made up of four regional confederations, unlike their FIFA equivalent MFA confederations do not have the same governing structure. The confederations are used to set boundaries for qualifications and regional competitions such as the MFA British Isles Cup, MFA European Championships and MFA America Cup.
- APMFC – Asia-Pacific Micronational Football Confederation
- BUMFA – British Union of Micronational Football Associations
- CEMFA – Continental Europe Micronational Football Association
- COMFITA – Confederation of Micronational Football in The Americas
The MFA has a President who oversees the running of the organisation. The founder Joe Foxon, was the original President. The President chooses his successor.
| 13 January 2009
26 September 2011
|Founder, left to focus on Micras.|
| 26 September 2011
4 December 2012
|resigned due to personal reasons|
|Alexander Reinhardt||Alexander Reinhardt||
| 4 December 2012
11 February 2013
| 11 February 2013
On July 23rd, 2013, a new procedure and categorizing system was put in place for all members, these categories are, Full, Associate and Provisional membership, this different membership levels over different benefits, requirements and restrictions. All new members need to fulfill this procedure;
- All Nations wanting their FA to join must have been active (and we need actually proof) for at least 6 months to be a provisional member, 12 months to be an assosiate member, and 18 months to be a full member.
- All nations applying must have an FA logo (this can be COA), a named real life squad (10 players [1 keeper] for provisional, 16 players [2 keepers] for associate, and 23 players [3 keepers] for full membership)
- All applying nations must have a national anthem, and should send us a link to the music of it (without vocals) to us
- All applying nations must have a flag
- All nations applying will need a named MFA delegate
- All nations applying need to prove they can do the duties of the desired level of membership (full members should have played at least 1 six-a-side game)
The following are the main partners of the MFA:
- SenyaTV Sport