Order of the Baphomet
|Order of the Baphomet |
Ordıra nə Bəphëmetyı (cb)
|Motto: Regnorum Morietur Ordo Persistit |
("Kingdoms fall, the Order prevails")
|Awarded by the First Secretary of Sabia and Verona|
|Awarded for||Contributions to the cause of Juclandia, Sabia and Verona and the micronational world|
|Established||April 20th, 2012|
|First awarded||April 20th, 2012|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Needle|
The Order of the Baphomet, IOB is Sabia and Verona's highest civilian order. It was first established by Ricardo Oviedo as Emperor of the Second Berinese Empire. The first person awarded was the Austenasian Crown prince Jonathan. The order may be conferred posthumously, although this has never been the case so far. It was forgotten for long time until the government of the Artaghe revived it. The Order fell inactive once again with the disestablishment of Artaghe untilo it was awarded again by the Sabioveronese government of Napoléon Bleuberrie.
In total, the Order has been awarded by seven different heads of state belonging to different goverments, result of the instability in the Garrshirian sector.
The Order was created by an Imperial Decree of Emperor Richard I of Berin the 20th of April of 2012. The Order became the largest institution of the Second Berinese Empire. The Berinese Monarchy was weak and the Empire soon fell apart. In sight of the friendship of the former Berinese Emperor and the then Crown Prince Jonathan of Austenasia, what was the "Empire of the Great Berin" became New Balland, a subject to the Austenasian monarchy that was led by Declan I, II & V at the time. During this period of time and until the formation of the Union of Artaghe, the Order remained inactive. In Artaghe, the President of the Union leads the Order. First Runa-Lisandra Bartolucci focused in Artaghean nationals and when Aina Oehler assumed office, the award became a diplomatic convenience. Artaghe's internal affairs were however uncapable of maintaining stability, and the office of the President was replaced with the "Union Presidency". The Union Presidency was composed of three members. Only one Union Presidency ever served; it was composed of Liam Barnard, Oehler and Ricardo Oviedo, the once Berinese Emperor and former representative of New Balland. Finally, the Union of Artaghe was disestablished and Oviedo takes control of the region again. The Order falls into inactivity for the second time and remains this way until the formation of Sabia and Verona within the Kingdom of Juclandia. This time, the Order is revived by Napoléon Bleuberrie, who sought an award for his fellow members of the Sahoedang. In Sabia and Verona, the Order is subject to strict laws regarding awards and decorations, and achieves a relative stability for the first time in its history.
There are only three ranks of the order. They have remained the same since the Order's establishment in the Second Berinese Empire.
- Grand Knight/Dame of the Order: The highest within the Order. The title of Grand Knight or Dame is mostly intended to be given to Juclandian Sabioveronese nationals, but it has been given to foreigners with the time.
- Commander of the Order: Middle within the Order. Given mostly to foreigners.
- Officer: Lowest rank of the Order.
The ranks have no real insignia, between themselves nor as for the Order itself. In case of being necessary, a tricolour ribbon (with the old Artaghean national colours, blue, red and white; or black and yellow) with the Baphomet Seal in the centre shall be used.
The Order is represented by the Imperial Seal of the Baphomet, which was Coat of Arms of the Monarchy of the Second Berinese Empire. Although the Berinese Empire fell apart and the monarchy was disestablished, the seal remained the emblem of the Order. The colour of the Order is Crimson red, but it may also use yellow, white and black as secondary colours. Ribbons of the order have been black; blue, red and white; and currently only red, as it was first intended.
Grand Knights/Dames of the Order
- Joseph Puglisi; April 20, 2012
- Runa-Lisandra Bartolucci; April 20, 2012 (served as Maestre of the Order as President of Artaghe from June 2012 to July 2012)
- Ricardo Oviedo; June 5, 2012
- Aina Oehler; July 1, 2012 (served as Maestre of the Order as President of Artaghe from July 2012 to August 2012)
- Lucas Campos; August 2, 2012
- Napoléon Bleuberrie; October 25, 2012; Maestre of the Order as First Secretary since June 1, 2013 and formerly from October 20, 2012 to January 1, 2013.
- Osez Kóvérsz; January 1, 2013 (served as Maestre of the Order as First Secretary of Sabia and Verona from January 1, 2013 to June 1, 2013)
- Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, April 20, 2012 - June 30, 2012; July 16, 2013
Commanders of the Order
- Liam Barnard; April 20, 2012
- Pomme-Gabrielle Gauvier; January 10, 2013
- Graham Müntz; January 10, 2013
- Gen. Boris Tovinski; July 1, 2013
Officers of the Order
- Riley Small; April 21, 2012
- Arthur I; July 10, 2012
- Alexander Holmsofen; August 1, 2012
- Giraq Häshmun, June 13, 2013
- Brayden Yates, Commander of the Order; April 20, 2012 - October 25, 2012. Revoked by First Secretary of Sabia and Verona Napoléon Bleuberrie.
- Daniel Morris, Grand Knight; July 6, 2012 - October 25, 2012. Revoked by First Secretary of Sabia and Verona Napoléon Bleuberrie. The current status remains unclear.