Micronation.org costs £160 per year to keep online. Since we are unable to run advertisements, we ask that any users who are able and willing to do so make a contribution towards the site's costs so that we may continue to survive and thrive. Thank you!
Due to the failure of the CAPTCHA system and the termination of Asirra, new users will need to request account creation here. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Prince of Arkel
|Prince of Arkel|
Royal Coat of Arms of Arkel
Niels of Arkel
|Style:||His Serene Majesty|
|First monarch:||Maarten I of Arkel|
|Formation:||01 July 2009-15 October 2012|
The Prince of Arkel is the head of state of the Principality of Arkel. Arkel has been administrated as a principality since 01 July 2009. The first prince was Maarten I of Arkel, the second one was inaugurated October 15, 2012: Niels of Arkel. In the law, the Prince is not addressed by name, but rather referred to as His Serene Majesty The Prince of Arkel.
In Chapter 5 of the Constitution of Arkel is the role of the Prince established.
- Article 5.5: The Prince is inviolable, his ministers are responsible.
- Article 5.10: The Prince appoints and fires his ministers.
- Article 5.11: The Prince is commander-in-chief of the army and grants the ranks.
- Article 5.12: The Prince appoints ambassadors who are in service of the Principality.
- Article 5.13: The Prince has the right to mint money.
- Article 5.14: The Prince has the right to grant noble titles.
- Article 5.15: The Prince grants chevalric and millitary orders and ranks.
- Article 5.16: The Prince is the highest court (but people have the right to appeal to a judgement by sending a letter to parliament)
- Article 5.17: The Prince is Speaker of Parliament.